Baking stations that are set aside for baking only are popular here in kitchens all across the Nashville, Tennessee area. A marble countertop is almost a must for every serious baker, and for good reason – they look great and make for a smooth baking prep surface.
For all those in Nashville who are using a marble countertop for their baking center, here are a few tips to keep it looking as great as the day it was installed.
Caring for a marble countertop baking center
Sealing your marble countertop properly is the most crucial step in keeping your countertop functioning for years to come here in Nashville. All too often, people expect that their marble will just last and last, but neglect the periodic care that any type of countertop would need. Follow these steps to keep the marble countertop in your baking center lasting a long time:
- Purchase an impregnating sealer for your marble countertop. There are countless choices, stop by your local hardware store in Nashville and you’ll find a few.
- Pour this impregnating sealer directly on to your clean marble countertop. If your baking center is large you may want to do this in sections as time can be a factor.
- Use a white cloth to spread the impregnating sealer all over your marble countertop.
- Check the sealer you have chosen for your marble countertop for the time you’re suppose to leave it on. Four minutes is the common time.
- Just before it dries, spray some more sealer onto your marble counter baking center. This helps with the clean up in the next step.
- Use another clean, white cloth and begin removing any sealer that your marble countertop didn’t absorb.
- If you chose to do your marble countertops sealing in sections, repeat the steps above until your entire baking center is done.