Stone World Granite countertops have been popular in Nashville for decades. Quartz countertops are just starting to get noticed in a major way. Which of these two excellent countertop materials are going to be a better fit for your home in Nashville? Take a look at this comparison article to judge whether you want granite countertops or quartz countertops!
Comparing granite countertops and quartz countertops
Good points for granite countertops:
The strengths of granite countertops have lead to them being the most popular choice in Nashville for years:
- They are incredibly durable and will only chip or break if hit REALLY hard by something solid.
- Granite countertops are resistant to stains, a darkly colored one will hardly show stains at all.
- Due to them being a naturally formed substance, no two are ever exactly alike.
Problems with granite countertops:
- They are very heavy and require professional help for a smooth installation.
- They are porous and must be resealed regularly: every year, or every other year.
- Seams are visible where two pieces of granite come together.
- They will stain more than quartz countertops.
Granite countertops are popular in Nashville due to their durability, unique patterns, and lower maintenance issues when compared to other non-stone materials.
Good points for quartz countertops:
- As strong as granite, but slightly easier to install than granite due to it being slightly flexible.
- Never needs to be sealed as it is non-porous. Busy Nashville homeowners love this point.
- Require little to no maintenance: you can install them and forget about them.
- Resistant to all staining
Problems with quartz countertops:
- Discoloration can occur if they’re exposed to direct sunlight. This does take quite a few years to happen.
- Quartz countertops are even heavier than granite – this is not a DIY material, and your cabinets had better be well made!
- You will see seams where two pieces of quartz meet.
Low maintenance and no staining – what’s not to love about quartz countertops!
Are granite countertops or quartz countertops the right choice?
If you need more help choosing granite countertops or quartz countertops for your home in Nashville, contact the stone experts here at Stone World!
One thought on “Should I Choose Granite Countertops, or Quartz Countertops?”
I Want to replace granite tiles on island. I’m wondering about the size 137×67
Does quartz come in this size? I prefer not to have a seam.